Cops Clear Officer Who Beat Jan. 6 Protester As She Died

(Republican Insider) – Apparently, police in Washington, D.C., have investigated the extremely violent and disturbing beating of a Jan. 6 protester who was already on the ground by an officer with a stick and baton, having come to the conclusion that the violence was “objectively reasonable,” according to a new report from Just the News.

The conclusion to this investigation comes from the city’s Metropolitan Police Department’s Bureau of Internal Affairs.

The review has revealed that Officer Lila Morris savagely beat Rosanne Boyland with a steel baton and “what appeared to be a wooden walking stick.”

This came after the victim was already on the ground and completely unconscious during the time the rioting had erupted at the Capitol building.

“The Epoch Times said the review was conducted after a Texas man assembled video evidence of the officer beating on an ‘unconscious’ woman,” a report from WND said. “That report described how Boyland, 34, was caught under a pile of protesters who fled when police started firing crowd-control gas.”

Some individuals who witnessed the incident unfold say the woman lost consciousness and stopped breathing after several minutes of being crushed by other protesters who had fallen.

“As Boyland lay unconscious on the ground, DC Metro Police Officer Lila Morris repeatedly struck her with a steel baton and what appeared to be a wooden walking stick, according to a video recording,” the report went on to say.

“Her traveling companion, Justin Winchell, reportedly pleaded with police and protesters to provide first aid, and bodycam video ‘shows Winchell’s shock when he saw Morris strike Boyland in the head,'” the report continued.

Video footage then shows that she appeared to already be dead when the police dragged her from the West Terrace tunnel entrance into the Capitol building, although it took over an hour for the pronouncement to be made, according to the Epoch Times.

“Protesters repeatedly had performed CPR on her, but they were ‘frustrated in part by the beating and police spraying pepper spray into the faces of those trying to help,'” the report went on to confirm.

“The medical examiner later claimed Boyland died of an accidental overdose of Adderall, the Times said. Her family reported she’s been under treatment with Adderall for years. But the violence of the attack on an unconscious woman so bothered Gary McBride of Decatur, Texas, he filed a brutality complaint, hunting down video evidence,” the WND report said.

David K. Augustine, who works for the Metro department stated, “The use of force within this investigation was determined to be objectively reasonable. Officer Morris is still employed with the MPD and not facing criminal charges related to the use of force on January 6.”

McBride then warned of the dangerous precedent that has now been set because of this statement.

“It told me right there that it’s OK for them to do what they do. They are doing exactly what they want to do. They don’t care if you know or see. They just showed me that they’re going to go beat somebody and kill them, but they have the power to say, ‘That was objectively reasonable,'” he said.

The report then stated that the officer involved in the incident raised a “walking stick or a tree branch” over her head and smashed Boyland with it at least four times, until the stick shattered, and she then continued to hit Boyland until “other officers pulled her back.”

This is a total miscarriage of justice. This officer needs to be behind bars. Our justice system is just as corrupted by the left as every other institution of the government.

Copyright 2022.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here